RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index RazorbackRiders.org
Cyberspace home of the Razorback Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to RazorbacksRiders.org homepage

8/23-24 ride at WRM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> Let's Ride!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: 8/23-24 ride at WRM Reply with quote

Since our ride for last Sunday got washed out, how about riding the weekend of 8/23-24? I'm planning on it at this point, camping Saturday night. Hopefully we'll get some decent weather for it.
tcourdin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was the ride? I bet the creeks were up if it rained there like it did here in Fayetteville Saturday morning!
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was fun. We didn't get a lot of rain down at the campground, but there was a good shower for a few minutes each day. We managed to miss the worst of the rain, but it made things a little slick at times! I made the mistake of leading one poor guy down the new single track that got so chewed up in the enduro. It was really, really over grown. My arms look like a cat used me for a scratching post! Wink Took us probably 1.5 hours to get down it.

My wife mowed most of the campground. It was really long and thick, and the on and off rain made it a lot of mowing time. But she enjoys mowing quite a bit so she enjoyed it.
tcourdin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll avoid that trail! I was wondering how grown up it was, I usually hate riding in the summer but the temps have been nice lately. Our kids are dying to camp so we are hoping to go for the weekend.

Hey if you're down there and it needs mowed up please feel free to let me know. I've wanted to take my mower down before and trim it up but never know before hand if it needs it.

My Wife enjoys mowing too, I think (know) she's crazy!
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it really has been a nice summer for riding. Although it would be nice to ride at least once this year at WR without getting rained on!

I'm planning on riding down there on Labor Day for sure at this point. Not sure if we'll come in on Saturday or not at this point, but probably will.
tcourdin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, I meant to come down and meet you last weekend. Were you the one with the big RV and KTM's? I had hoped to tag along with you guys on a ride but my kid's kept me too busy to come and meet you. You needed some Yamaha blue in your group. Wink
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was us. Always room for some of that pretty Yamaha blue in the group.

Finally got a good couple of rides in down there without rain! What will they think of next? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> Let's Ride! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: