RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index RazorbackRiders.org
Cyberspace home of the Razorback Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to RazorbacksRiders.org homepage

future projects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> General Public Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justinriley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: future projects Reply with quote

I am looking to get a bulldozer for several small projects in the NW AR area. The guy in charge of the trails budget for Arkansas is working with me on getting this done as well as Gorman Smith. As of right now we are almost done with the application process. The dozer will be used to help out anything having to do with a dirtbike whether it be public or private property. It will be kept in huntsville ar, and will be available to AHSCS, AXC, Blackjack Enduros, Razorback Riders, and any other moto related club (should everything go through with the state). The dozer will belong to my Riding in 479 group (which will soon be a non profit organization).

The reason I am posting this is because the state needs a list of all projects that I will be doing with this dozer. If you have any ideas in mind on public property that needs to be done, let me know. I am not sure who to contact about this as far as the White Rock trails system so maybe someone on here knows. We can build trails, trailheads or anything like that. I am hoping to dedicate most of the time for the dozer for White Rock.

Along with getting funds for the dozer, I can apply for funds for building trailheads, bathrooms, etc. So Im open to any ideas you may have.

My cell is 731 592 2879 if you want to talk about anything thats too lengthy to type.

Thank you.
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool, Justin. So is it a grant? How big a dozer is it?

As far as projects on public land, you'd have to get in touch with the Forest Service. Best person to contact there is Tom Brown, who is our liason to the USFS.
justinriley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are looking at a Cat D4 along with a trailer to haul it on. It is a grant from the state. I'm stepping into some big shoes on this, if RR would back me on getting a small project together for White Rock then it would help me tremendously. Just something to think about.
justinriley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say "back" me, all I mean is to simply have your support when it comes time to talking the correct people into it at the white rock forestry. They probably wont listen much to a 24 year old kid.
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's great. I don't know why the club would not try to back the effort as much as we can. I can't speak for the club, though. The USFS has a lot of rules, though. That's my big concern. Even if we volunteer a dozer, can they accept it? Or do they have rules that say only their employees/contractors can do the work? Or certifications the operator would have to have.
justinriley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are good questions I wish I had the answers to. Hopefully this will be done by 2013 and we will have a piece of machinery to work with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> General Public Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: