RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index RazorbackRiders.org
Cyberspace home of the Razorback Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to RazorbacksRiders.org homepage

New guy wanting to get back into it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> General Public Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waterboy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: New guy wanting to get back into it. Reply with quote

Hey guys! I wanted to hook up with some Arkansas off-road AHRMA guys. I just bought a super clean 76" Husky WR 360 like I've always wanted to play with. Been riding bikes for 44 years and started off road. I've never "raced" in an organized event and I'm not that competitive, but it's on my bucket list and I'll be eligible for the 50+ class next year. Need to prep the bike and buy all the riding gear etc., get used to the machine and all.

The 2 hr. run time of XC sounds like it may be too much. Not sure what the heck Hare Scrambles are all about yet. ISDT type stuff may be more palatable. Picked up the bike from Doug Gagnon (So. Central AHRMA guy) at the Diamond Don's MX national in Jefferson, and that looked like real fun on that 70's style track. Met Brad Lackey too. Maybe kind of stuff wouldn't kill me or tear the old bike to pieces too fast. Whatever I play in has to be family friendly too.

I need to actually join AHRMA and get to one of the local events. Also looking for a pre-76' 125 to let my boy ride on the farm and maybe me race?

Nice to find a bunch of dirt guys. Mind if I hang around and listen/learn?
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to the sport. Hope you enjoy it as much as most of our members do!

But we do not hold any AHRMA events this year, unfortunately. Great group to work with, and we've always enjoyed putting on their events. But they went with some different clubs this year.

Best of luck finding a bike for your son.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> General Public Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: