RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index RazorbackRiders.org
Cyberspace home of the Razorback Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to RazorbacksRiders.org homepage

10th Annual Almosta Race

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> Let's Ride!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skythrasher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: 10th Annual Almosta Race Reply with quote

If your on facebook go over and check it out and "like" it to help us spread the word. (Just type Almosta Race in the search window)

Most of you know what the Almosta Race is, if you don't then here is some info.
A team race held on New Years Day at the Wildcat Ranch in Northwest Arkansas. Three hours of the best trails in Arkansas with a teammate that was randomly drawn before the race. All riders divided into two groups by skill level and one from each group per team.

National style start, escargo, endurocross, tight, fast you'll ride it all at Almosta Race.

The top ten teams take home custom, one of a kind trophies that are never the same year to year.

After the race all riders and spectators are treated to refreshments and a chili lunch. (Yes, there are adult refreshments....)

All proceeds from the race go to Rider Down to support injured riders and their families. ALL PROCEEDS! Every dime spent by racers and spectators goes to help injured riders and their families. Make your checks payable to Rider Down and it is tax deductible.The best singletrack trails in the country, and a chance to purchase exciting one of a kind custom, and autographed merchandise in a silent auction....

This is the Race Course , everyone will ride the green until the course spits and the AA/A riders will ride the red. The trails will then merge back together. Everyone will have a choice of Endurocross section or a longer bypass. The red is only slightly more difficult than the green. The object is to increase the distance for the faster riders so that the lap times are the same for both groups. The green is 5 miles and the red is 2.75.

One of the best things about this course is that it is all single track, almost. The b-loop has about 100 yards of pipeline trail and the a-loop has that plus about 1/4 mile of two track that is rough as a cob.

The course flows, and has a few pucker spots on both loops.

Stay tuned.......

Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun, Jake. Saw your thread on KTMtalk about it, too. I'd love to come help burn the trail in, but won't be around. Not sure what our New Years plans are this year. Would be fun to make this race once, though!
skythrasher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will let you know on the riding going on this weekend. You would really like this place. I think we will finish arrowing Sat morn and let folks ride Sat and Sun. I will make sure you know about it. We would really like to have you there. Also I will try and firm up the plans so I can invite the club members at the meeting Tues.
Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
skythrasher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here's what all you have been waiting for.....The chance to pre-ride the Almosta Course.

Sunday Dec 12 at Wildcat Ranch Decatur, AR 72722 -- 10AM til Dark

From the four way stop in Decatur head north on Hwy 59 approx 2 miles to Bethlehem Road. Turn right (east) and go approx. 2.4 miles and turn left on Almosta Rd. At the top of the hill you've reached Dirt Bike Paradise.

If you can't make it Sunday we will be finishing the arrows Sat. the 11th PM or email me and I can give you the details to ride Sat. (but you'll have to stick arrows and trim a a few face slappers on the trail first)
Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Jake. Would love to come play if I were in the area. See you Tuesday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> Let's Ride! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: