RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index RazorbackRiders.org
Cyberspace home of the Razorback Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to RazorbacksRiders.org homepage

Where was I??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> Let's Ride!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dagwood_55

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Where was I?? Reply with quote

Newbie here, site and WR area.

So, I'm camping and turkey hunting up 4316 (I think), that's the road off 16, just west of Combs at Patrick. So if traveling west on 16, you take a left (south) at Patrick just between the old chicken houses. This road goes south up Possum Creek and actually comes out on a FS road.

I take my woods dirt bike in case the Turkey hunting in slow, good thing!!

After about 1.5 or 2 miles you go down a hill, pretty well thru someones yard, past the last house someone lives in, with 40 barking dogs, then there are a couple of nice campiing spots on the left before you get to the cabin on stilts. We camp in the second spot, Anybody know the spot?.

So, anyways, between the camping spots and the lost house there is a ATV trail to the East/left. It goes up the hill and after just a little ways, there is a nice single track that crosses the ATV trail. I go get my bike and ride it to the left. It winds thru the woods up a hill and tops out in the pines. Good single track and some old race arrows along the way. Don't know which way the right way went. After a a couple of miles I come out on intersection of a good gravel road. I cross and follow a quarter mile or so and take a newer single track to the left/east. This is really tight, rocky and goes down a gnarly hill that I'm not sure I can get back up. Eventually ends up on the Mill Creek side above a private campground or ranch.

First, is this part of the WR/Mill Creek system?? Where does it start and end?? Are there maps available or possible Garmin Mapsource Tracks??

Anybody help a lost Arkansas River Valley Dirt Rider out??
skythrasher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you got on some of the enduro trail. You need to be careful accessing trails in this area in this manner. It is NOT part of the Mill Creek Trail system. A lot of the land on that side is private property. We don't usually have any problems, most land owners are cool with the riding. We just don't want to upset any that are not cool with the riding. Also please make sure and ride slowly and quietly past any homes or occupied campsites on any of the roads or trails anywhere in the forest.

Maps and gps tracks of good trails are generally not distributed on the web. I would suggest coming to a Razorback Riders meeting and joining the club. We have a lot of club camp outs and work days where you could hook up with folks who know the trails. There is never a problem showing someone around.
Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
Dagwood_55

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply SkyThrasher.

Do you think if 3 or 4 RVDR's came down and camped, we could get a local RBR'er to show us the best single track?.

We could possibly trade out a guided trip to Brock Creek... not that you really need a guide on BC...
skythrasher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it would take that many. Laughing There is a club camp out every month, this month it is next weekend. The meetings are the first Tue. of the month, meeting info is on the website. You should come to one. Also if you haven't already, please fill out the info in the profile for this board so that the club members can get to know you.
Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already know the BC single track like the back of my hand, but might be up for showing you guys some of the WR trails. Let us know when you're coming up and we'll see how it works.
Dagwood_55

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeb,

We're thinking about week end after next. What are you doing on May 1st??

We also might camp, if we do, wifeys and childrens might also tag along.
Can you suggest any campsites?? Creek would be nice, Tolets would also be nice for the women.

vic
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I have any plans at this point. Could maybe show you around for a day.

There are places along the road you can just pull into and camp. They are across the road from the creek, down towards the trailhead. Free, but primitive. So not toilets, water, etc. I think there are some campgrounds in the area. Maybe one called Fort Rock? But I can't comment on them as I've never been to any of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> Let's Ride! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: