RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index RazorbackRiders.org
Cyberspace home of the Razorback Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to RazorbacksRiders.org homepage

2013 WR Enduro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> General Public Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boogn1sh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: 2013 WR Enduro Reply with quote

Surprised sometimes by how quiet this board is. Been waiting for a thread about yesterday's Enduro to chime in. I'm talkative and tired of waiting...

Wanted to say thanks to the Razorback Riders for putting on a great race this weekend. I know the club has been working on this event for months and many people probably don't realize the amount of work it takes to put on an event of this size. Lots of praise (and some bitching) on "other" moto forums today about Sunday's events, but nothing here, until now.

The day for me was painful, humiliating, freezing cold and also took it's toll on my bike. It was the perfect way to celebrate my 41st birthday. I'll have sore muscles all week as a reminder of how brutally awesome the day was. So, thank you to everyone that made this event happen. Without your hard work, my bike would be clean and not broken, I would be able to write with a pen today, and I'd be able to bend over and tie my own shoes without assistance...and that would be pathetically boring.

Thanks to all of your hard work, the mental scars from this year's Enduro will be with me for many, many years.

Can't wait to do it again next year!

From the bottom of my frozen, muddy heart, thank you.
Very Happy
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got your moneys worth, Justin. The weather was sure not kind to us, though. Curious why you went to C Vet class since you're over 40? Your time would have been much more competitive in the 40+ C Masters class.

How'd the 99 200 hold up?
boogn1sh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt was very pleased at the end of the day. Sunday was his first "challenging" ride on the '99 since he bought it. As I promised him, he learned more about riding Sunday morning than he did in the first 4 days of trail riding I took him on. He's hooked now! Instead of working today, we've spent the morning trying to learn the scoring rules for enduro races. Something tells me he'll have a good handle on the rules by the next race and will start trying to learn "timekeeping". We are both talking about trying to make it to Scipio.

You are right, now that I'm an old man, I should have been in the Master's class. Chasing those young wiper-snappers can be tough on the ego!

Sunday was only the third time I have entered a "race" and only the second time I have tried an "Enduro". My first Enduro was last year's event on my 40th birthday. I rode a Yamaha street bike (WR250R) to the event from Fayetteville, started the race and made it to the gas stop. Riding a 200XC this year made it easier to get to the finish, even though the weather was worse. For some reason, the results board shows me riding a Yamaha, but that is a typo.
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad he had a good day on the 200. Thinking about trying to make Scipio too. I like the timekeepers also.

I think you need to edit your profile on BJEC to change the bike type. You have to go through the Activation process to update it.
bunnynose78

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this year and was wondering if tshirts are still available to purchase? They looked awesome this year. Was sad we missed the weekend
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnynose78 wrote:
I missed this year and was wondering if tshirts are still available to purchase? They looked awesome this year. Was sad we missed the weekend

Yes, I still have a few of the t-shirts. What size do you wear?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> General Public Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: