RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index RazorbackRiders.org
Cyberspace home of the Razorback Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to RazorbacksRiders.org homepage

July Ride

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> Let's Ride!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skythrasher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: July Ride Reply with quote

Hey Jeb,

Did yu see Tkrew's post in the "Read Me First" forum. This sounds like a really good opportunity for a club camp out. I've heard several people talk about how it is sometimes hard for new members to "pierce the vail" so to speak. This would be a good time for the club to reach out to the new members and maybe have a "Let me show you around" type event. Just a thought.

See ya at the meeting.

Jake
Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jake. I did see it, but since I don't ride a quad, razor, etc, I didn't respond. But it still might be a good weekend for a ride. I guess we'll talk more about it at the meeting in a couple of hours.
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, we setup a work and ride weekend for July 18/19. On Saturday, we'll be helping Johnny drag in the rolling bridge frame that he found. Plan is to meet him at the Elkin's Harps store at 9am Saturday and go from there. Sawzalls to seperate the trailer from the frame would be good to bring if you have them. There should be a generator there to help.
tkrew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: work weekend Reply with quote

Susan and I will be there. We will arrive Friday night and stay until Sun morning. Need some info on using the campground area...are there hookups for water and electric? Will there be someone else there overnight on Fri and Sat, should we plan on primitive camping elsewhere?

Any info would be great!
skythrasher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there Fri night about 6:30-7:00. I think others will be there as well. I heard someone say something about leaving from the campground to meet them in Elkins Sat. Morn. I do not know how many people they will need to go get the trailer. Maybe someone can find out from Johnny. There is water and electric at the camp sites. If you do not have one assigned to you, I think you will have to pay a small fee to the club. Maybe Jeb will chime in on this tell you for sure. I do know for sure that you will be able to use a spot with hook-ups, I just don't know the exact amounts and don't want to tell you wrong.
Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake is right, there will probably be a fee to use a sight if you don't have one assigned to you. Those of us with assigned spaces pay an extra $60 a year for them above the club dues, so we're not picking on you or anything. Wink I'm just not sure what the fee is.

I will most likely be there Friday evening through Sunday, too.
tkrew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: campsite fee Reply with quote

We would have no issue paying the $60 fee for an "assigned" campsite, just curious as to the rules/restrictions? Still pay the nightly $5? Use when we want? Priority when there are large events/races? Hopefully get some answers next weekend.

When we arrive Friday afternoon (4-5pm) do we pick a site, or are they preassigned? If so, are they marked? Don't want to set up and then have someone say "You are in my spot".

Long and short of it: where do we set up camp??

We can play it by ear and break camp to move if necessary.

If someone would like to call and explain we can be reached at 479-659-2184.
skythrasher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the $5 is if you don't have one assigned to you. I thought that's how much the fee was, but I was not sure. As far a what sight to use I'm not sure how that is handled. I bet you could just pick one in the "B" row (which is on the left as you come down the drive) and be OK. Just pick one that doesn't have anything set-up (grill, fire pit, etc.) and you should be fine. All the sights are the same pretty much anyway. If some one shows up and wants their spot, well I guess that bridge can be crossed when it comes up. I don't see it being a problem. You'll find these are really nice, easy going people. They are just trying to keep the campground nice and not let it turn into a party pad for the undesireables.
Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
tkrew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: work weekend Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info! One more.......what are the electrical hookups? standard 110, 30 amp or 50 amp?
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 amp, 110v. Standard RV stuff. Pick a site somewhere in the middle on the left/non-creek side and you should be fine.

As far as the $60 a year thing, I think that's only offered to folks that have been in the club for a bit, helped with some events, etc. You need to discuss it with someone on the "electric" committee, like Tamara or Paula.
skythrasher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Plans up in the air Reply with quote

I found out today that in the interest of providing electricity for everyone, and being a good steward of the rate payers hard earned energy dollar, I may have to go into work at midnight Saturday. I still plan on coming down and riding/working Saturday for a while. I may even tent camp Friday night so I can get in a cooler ride.

I'll be glad when the powers that be realize that riding dirt bikes is way more important than having reliable electricity. Neither activity is ever gonna please those eco nuts anyhow. Laughing
Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
ajabuell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't camp, but will be there for the work and ride on saturday. is the meet still at the Elkins Harps 9 am? Any help on directions would be great. I also have a generator and sawzill to bring.
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not heard otherwise on the time or place, so I'm assuming that is unchanged.

Directions to where exactly? If you mean the Harp's, just follow Hwy16 from Fayetteville towards White Rock. Just as you're leaving the south end of Elkins, there's a Harp's grocery store on the left side of the road.
ajabuell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there at 9am at the Harps. see you all then. (White Chevy Truck with a crf on the back)
tkrew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be camping Friday night. We have a class A motorhome so we will not be at Harps. We will wait at camp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> Let's Ride! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: