RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index RazorbackRiders.org
Cyberspace home of the Razorback Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to RazorbacksRiders.org homepage

This weekend 6-26/6-28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> Let's Ride!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skythrasher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: This weekend 6-26/6-28 Reply with quote

My family and I are going to be camping this weekend. Is everyone going to Stillwater or will there be anyone to brave the heat with us. We plan on staying until Sun eve. Will be riding as much as the heat will allow.
Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
skythrasher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Bear!!! Big Bear!!! Reply with quote

We had a great time camping this weekend. Got in some good rides in the morning and evening to beat the heat. Saturday evening I went for a buddy ride with my 3 year old son on the wifes 230. We crossed the creek and went up the hill and headed out on the blue loop going clockwise. We followed the blue loop up the hill and just passed the small clearing on the left we saw a very large black bear in the trail. This bear was very pretyy shiny black. This one was not the cinnamon color. The bear turned and ran down the trail away from us and we stopped and let it run away. It ran about 40 yards then stopped for a couple seconds, looked back, and took off running again. This bear is easily in the 400-600 pound category. Very exciting story for my son to tell when we got back to camp.

Sunday moring went out for a ride with the 3yo son and 11yo daughter. Zig Zagged two track and some single track back to the road between the trailhead and four corners. Headed up Fly Gap Rd. from four corners just before the sharp left hander close to the top saw another bear in the road. This one was cinnamon colored and much smaller. Only got to see it for a few seconds before it hit the brush headed down the hill.

Two bears, several deer, one snake, and hours of fun with the kids on our bikes. How do you put a price tag on that. My kids will remember seeing those bears forever. Just wish I had a helmet cam so everyone would be able to see them.

I have heard that the bears are getting pretty thick in the area. I have seen sign of them, but two in one weekend is pretty good.
Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 in one weekend is pretty remarkable. Especially one so big! I've only ever seen one, and it was a cub.

Glad you had a good time, and sorry I couldn't come and join in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> Let's Ride! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: