RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index RazorbackRiders.org
Cyberspace home of the Razorback Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to RazorbacksRiders.org homepage

New Years Ride

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> General Public Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skythrasher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: New Years Ride Reply with quote

I wanted to let everyone know that the 8th Annual Almosta Race went great. Head over to the AHSCS Website and check out the posts with ride reports and pictures.

Hey Jeb, when you get back how about a ride report from Brock Creek.

Almosta Pics

Almosta Pics - McFadin Photography
Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad the race went well for you guys!

Brock Creek was a blast. I rode Thurs-Saturday. Thursday was a little slippery with all the wet rocks, leaves and legal new trails they're putting in there. Big group that day, like 17 guys. So we didn't cover a lot of miles.

Friday the trail dried up and was ridden in a bit better, so some good blasting that day. Smaller group too, so we covered more ground, about 45 miles. Miles don't come easy at BC. It's almost all rocky single track. So you earn them the hard way there. One of my good buddies, Jeff Gaston, hurt his knee pretty bad in one of the "trials trails". He actually made that trail. Sure hope he didn't rip any tendons.

Charlie Sparks showed up on Saturday. I've been trying to get him down there since he moved closer to that Brock Creek, so it was great to see him finally get to know the place a little. We got a good misting over night so it was slippery again until the fog finally cleared about 11am. We had a good group and covered a lot of tough trails in the morning. We wanted to be back to camp by 3:30, so the after lunch ride was only about 15 miles, but it was some of my favorite single track there. One trail goes for 6 miles with no intersections, so we usually just bomb it end to end. Beats on you by the end, but it's a great trail. One of the younger riders hurt his wrist towards the end, so we packed it in and headed for camp, and then headed home from there.

It was my first tough ride after my arm surgery 4 months ago, and I'm very happy with the recovery. I could feel it a little at times, but I didn't forget how to ride, at least. Smile

Last edited by jeb on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
skythrasher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeb sounds like yu guys had a great time. Hope those injuries are minimal. See you guys at Jims Tues.
Kylee - CRF230
A.J. - TTR-50
jeb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, see you tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RazorbackRiders.org Forum Index -> General Public Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: